Rabbit ECU RG1 & RG1 (page in development)
Rabbit ECU RG1 is powered by the Sparkdog MKS2XDuino controller. The controller has dual MCUs (120 Mhz and 40 MHz). This gives the ECU plenty of processing power for super accurate tooth scheduled ignition and fuel injection. An additional daughter-board is the Sparkdog PF-DI extension PCB.
This is an ECU designed drive-by-wire, gasoline direct injection (GDI)engines. The RF1 version has the Sparkdog PF extension PCB, with the GDI components unpopulated.
There is a single Arm CM4 MCU that controls the PF-DI board, an MK20 50 MHz.
- 8 analog inputs (2 analog inputs have internal pull-up resistors)
- 2 Hall Effect/Optical/Magnetic Reluctor inputs
- 4 Hall-Effect VVT inputs
- 2 knock sensor inputs
- CAN bus
One of the remaining analog inputs is reserved for battery voltage measurement.
Software Input Options
The software options for the inputs are:
- Crank Position Sensor
- Cam Position Sensor
- Air Mass Meter (frequency)
- Air Mass Meter (analog)
- Coolant Temperature
- Air Temperature
- Battery Voltage
- Throttle Position Sensor
- Manifold pressure Sensor
- External Lambda Device Input
- 4 saturated injector/solenoid drivers
- 4 motor driver/igniter signal outputs
- 2 high-side driver outputs
- 8 relay outputs
- 4 PWM controlled GDI injector outputs
- 1 PWM controlled spill valve driver output
- 2 VVT solenoid outputs
- UEGO heater driver
Software Output Options
The timed output (injector and motor/igniter) software options are:
- stepper motor drive
- simple logic drive
- PWM solenoid control with variable frequency for idle, boost, fuel pump, fan control
The relay and high-side driver output software options are:
- logic output (e.g. TPS > 70%)
- thermo-fan relay
- fuel pump relay
The RG1/RF1 Windows software is MAP-MATE found here in source code and installer form.
The RG1 Arduino firmware is found here in source code, see firmware below for the hex/bin file.
The latest firmware and accompanying A2L file are as follows: Teensy Adapter 15032021 You can point MAP-MATE to the correct GUI layout and A2L files in the settings menu.
The Rabbit ECU V1.3 PCB schematic files are as follows: